We all can't believe it, but Brigham is now five years old!! He had his birthday on the 4th of Febuary. We celebrated by having a "Sarm" party. I let him just run with his ideas and he created a birthday party that we will never forget!
He even dressed up as a cowboy!!
What an awesome idea Brigham!

Chex Mix, Brig's favorite!
Brig wanted a "sarm" cake and this is what we came up with. I helped a little with the frosting, fence, and hay bale, but Brigham did the rest!! I love it!
(The duck even "quacked")

And of course, the best part...a package from Grandma and Grandpa!! In fact, all Brig said that he wanted for his birthday was a stuffed "animal friend." I felt way bad because I had already gotten his presents and wrapped them not knowing that was what he wanted until the day of. Needless to say he was a little bummed, until....Grandma pulled off a "miracle" and sent him a stuffed sheep!! Brig said, "Grandma is magic!!"
Happy Birthday Brig!!! Wow, I really cannot believe that you are five years old!! I can still remember so very clearly the day that you were born. You really were a miracle baby! You went through a lot on your way to this Earth. First of all, we are so very thankful for Dr. Nance who followed his feelings instead of mundane hospital routines and had me induced before I was a week overdue because of the fact that you had the umbilical cord wrapped around your neck three times and easily might not have made it too much longer. Second, you were born with a right club foot and at first the nurse tried to say that you had just twisted it weird in the womb and that time would straighten it out. Well, it sure has taken time!! And of course Daddy and I knew that you were going to be born with this small imperfection, but you were such a little trooper through it all! You put up with a lot of casts and your sweet "snowboard shoes" (aka, Dennis-Brown brace) that we know Mommy and you just loved...not!! But you were an example to me of how to endure things with patience even when you were hurting. You were always such a happy baby, especially when you were being held! In fact, I would sometimes have to trick you into thinking that you were being held to keep you asleep. :) Everyone that got to see you as a baby could not believe all the blonde hair you had and it stuck straight out!! It was awesome!

Chex Mix, Brig's favorite!
Brig wanted a "sarm" cake and this is what we came up with. I helped a little with the frosting, fence, and hay bale, but Brigham did the rest!! I love it!(The duck even "quacked")

And of course, the best part...a package from Grandma and Grandpa!! In fact, all Brig said that he wanted for his birthday was a stuffed "animal friend." I felt way bad because I had already gotten his presents and wrapped them not knowing that was what he wanted until the day of. Needless to say he was a little bummed, until....Grandma pulled off a "miracle" and sent him a stuffed sheep!! Brig said, "Grandma is magic!!"
Happy Birthday Brig!!! Wow, I really cannot believe that you are five years old!! I can still remember so very clearly the day that you were born. You really were a miracle baby! You went through a lot on your way to this Earth. First of all, we are so very thankful for Dr. Nance who followed his feelings instead of mundane hospital routines and had me induced before I was a week overdue because of the fact that you had the umbilical cord wrapped around your neck three times and easily might not have made it too much longer. Second, you were born with a right club foot and at first the nurse tried to say that you had just twisted it weird in the womb and that time would straighten it out. Well, it sure has taken time!! And of course Daddy and I knew that you were going to be born with this small imperfection, but you were such a little trooper through it all! You put up with a lot of casts and your sweet "snowboard shoes" (aka, Dennis-Brown brace) that we know Mommy and you just loved...not!! But you were an example to me of how to endure things with patience even when you were hurting. You were always such a happy baby, especially when you were being held! In fact, I would sometimes have to trick you into thinking that you were being held to keep you asleep. :) Everyone that got to see you as a baby could not believe all the blonde hair you had and it stuck straight out!! It was awesome! Brigham, I love you because you are my oldest and because of that, you will always own a special part of my heart!
I love you because you are the "Bestest" Big Brother Jensen and Kason could ever ask for. You are Jensen's best friend and Kason's body guard. He knows that he is safe with you!
I love you because your my little "cuddle bug"!
I love you because of your cute little dimple!
I love you because of your expressions that only Brigham can make...they say it all!
I love you because of your VERY contagious laugh!!
I love you because you are my little shopping buddy!
I love you because you are Daddy's little helper and love to go to work with him.
I love you because of your love for animals just like your Daddy. You tell us that when you grow up that you are going to be a "Sarmer!" I love it!
I love you because you love to cook in the kitchen and play "chef." In fact, you are quite the chef when it comes to cookies, toast, scrambled eggs, and especially popping popcorn!
I love you because you absolutely LOVE popcorn. In fact, you love it so much that Grandma "Ellie" got our family a Whirly Pop popper and you have shown Mommy how to perfect the popcorn! "Chacie-Nanna" Grandma even has a special bowl at her house for "Brigham's popcorn!"
I love you because you invite us to your "Swestas" (Fiestas) in your bedroom where we get to dance to music and have a party! :)
I love you because of your love for water! Especially when it comes to squirt bottles and garden hoses!
I love you because you invite us to your "Swestas" (Fiestas) in your bedroom where we get to dance to music and have a party! :)
I love you because of your love for water! Especially when it comes to squirt bottles and garden hoses!
I love you because you love to learn. You love to read books in bed and to be read to. You can't wait to start Kindergarten. In fact, you love to play school and teach all of your "animal friends."
I love you because you are so creative and inventive. What Mommy calls trash, you call treasure! And you really do come up with ingenious ideas for all of it! You are constantly creating some new masterpiece!
I love you because you are an example to me of how to be a better teacher to children. I love to listen to you explain things to your little brothers...simple and to the point and you define words that they might not understand!
I love you because you want to do what is right and you are so very bright. You already have the first two Articles of Faith memorized! You know so much about the Gospel and you can't wait to be a missionary. You surprise me everyday by how much you know and you learn so quickly! You don't let us forget to read scriptures every night before bed and I am so grateful for your little reminders. You also love Family Home Evening and always want to be in charge.
Most of all, I love you because you are our little Brigham and I am so grateful and feel so blessed that Heavenly Father has allowed us to be your parents. You are so patient with us as we are learning how to raise our precious children. I tell people that you will receive an award in heaven for stepping up and being the oldest and having to put up with all of our trials and errors as parents.
You are the BEST Brig!!!
I love you to the "Heavens Back Down!"
Love Forever,
Mommy





4 comments:
Ah, that is so sweet. happy birthday brigham! i can't believe he's 5 either!! that cake and everything else was awesome!
Happy Birthday Brigham! We sure miss you guys - it feels like we haven't seen you in forever! You need to come over some time since we're home bound for awhile. I'm making my blog private Ali, so send me your e-mail address so I can invite you as a viewer! My e-mail is darlingdidi@yahoo.com
looks like you guys had a lot of fun! very cute cake!
Oh goodness! It's already been 5 years, I remember meeting him in the hospital and you looking incredible after just having him. What a sweet little man you got there! :)
Post a Comment