Monday, June 30, 2008

Called to Serve

Mom and Dad (and the girls) flew into California Saturday morning to begin their three year journey as Mission President of the California Arcadia Mission. We miss them so much already but know that we couldn't be more blessed to have such amazing parents who are always on the Lord's errand. They have dove right in (in every sense of the word) and have already seen the Lord's hand in this great and magnificent work. We have witnessed miracles throughout their preparation and will never forget some of the experiences that we were able to be a part of as they prepared to leave.

It is not been easy to say goodbye (especially for Mom and Dad to leave the grandkids) but hope to be able to all go out to see them in Arcadia. We know that the blessings will be poured out upon them as they faithfully move forward in this the Lords important work. It is exciting to think that we have four missionaries serving all at the same time!

We love you Mom and Dad and are so blessed to have you as our parents. Thank you for your Christlike examples and willingness to serve the Lord always.

(Oh, and Thank you Aunt Leda...I stole this picture off your blog!)

6 comments:

Emilee said...

We are excited to have your parents and the girls only 45 minutes away! We promise to take care of them!

Marvia said...

Well that is very exciting. My parents live in Pasadena which is in the Arcadia Mission. :) My parents are currently serving a mission in Manhattan NY, they'll be home in a year. I'll called me parents and they are excited to meet your parents when they get home. :)

Christian said...

Wow, that's really neat to have parents in the mission field. I wish them all the best, along with their three girls. That's got to be pretty rough to have to pick up and move and to have loved ones farther away from you now, but I guarantee it's worth it a hundred times over.

Unknown said...

Hi Allison. I was talking to my sister in-law Katie, and she said she saw you in the mall at Kiddie Kandids. She said your little boy is so cute! Anyway, it was fun to hear about it.

cindave said...

Ali - I don't know if you remember me, but we were in your ward in Orem. I'm friends with Amy Andersen and found your blog from her friends list. It was so fun to look through and catch up on your family! You have another baby boy, and you don't live in Orem anymore! Congratulations! (Mostly on the baby part.) We have a blog too, but Dave doesn't want the crazies to find us, so it's only open to invited readers. If you'd like to see it, send me your email, and i'll send you an invite. See ya! Cinda LInton cindave04@yahoo.com

Jeanine said...

That is so awesome! I am sure it is hard to have them away, but at least it isn't out of the country. California is always a nice place to visit! I am sure the boys will LOVE the vacation in the future!