We had such a fun 4th of July this year! We were able to spend the day with some of our close friends which have children all about the same ages.
First we went to the parade which was short and sweet! It reminded me of the parades in Blanding where I grew up. It was very hot, but some of us got lucky enough to get sprayed by the fire truck hoses going down the route. I don't think the kids paid too much attention to anything but the candy that they risked their lives for in the road!! Thanks to our friend Kareena though, she stood out in the road with them and did happen to get all the great perks for the adults as well...like cups for free refills at the gas station!!
Here we are waiting for the big parade to start!

I sat with Brig and Jence and as a mom I felt the duty to take care of my childrens needs...battle with the big kids for the candy!!

After the parade we went and had a BBQ. The children swam and the adults played on the
4 -wheeler and just chilled.
Every time I try to get a sweet little picture of Mark with the kids, he turns it into some sort of goofy pose. He hates getting pictures taken, but I KNOW that he will thank me later!
(P.S. Mark felt it important that I mention that this is not a natural pose and that he is sticking out his stomach as far as it could go!)
When "the girls" had their turn to take out the 4-wheeler, we had a little bit of an adventure. Or should we say too much fun! To make a long story short Suzie got us into a mud bog. Kareena pushed her out as I sat on the side lines barely able to catch my breath because I was laughing so hard and all this mud was just flying everywhere!! And the hillarious thing that I will never forget is Suzie yelling back at Kareena and I as we slushed through the mud, "Good thing we have Oxi Clean!!" (that would be something you would never hear out of a guys mouth after such an event!)
Throughout our "ride" Kareena showed us how to pick wild asparagus (yes, it is inbetween her toes)....this was all we found! The knowledge will come in handy next Spring though. And thanks to our husbands, they were more than thrilled to hose us off with cold water!
I think he is having a little fun!! I love that Mark loves the outdoors. You get him out there and he is a little boy at play.

Jensen loved the sparklers, Brigham preferred to just sit back and watch everyone else get burned! Brig and Jence take their turns on who is more daring than the other. It is not at all consistent.

As you can see we had a great holiday. Thanks to all who made it happen!
4 comments:
SURE Mark, we know that's your real stomach! :) ...and yes Ali, he will be glad someday that you took the time to catch your wonderful life on film! (secretly he is right now)
You guys look like you had so much fun! It seems like we always have to travel on the 4th...next year, I'm staying home, much more fun. :)
This looks like fun! :)
What great memories! So fun.
Post a Comment