Yes, those are the names of our cows! Brigham's is "Scooter", Jensen's is "Scoot", and Kason's is "Boot"!!
The little boys were so excited to get these creatures...I have never seen them work so hard!! Here they are carrying boards to build the calf box.
(Something like that would take me a day to plan and at least a day to build!!!)
I probably should have been helping Mark lift the calves into their new home, but touching a cow like that was quite foreign to me....plus, somebody has to take the pictures right?!
But Brigham now gets to deal with the fact that he touched the calves and his face...poor thing has allergies so bad sometimes!
Our dog Tess was pretty excited to have play toys to heard as well. :)
This is how we had to feed them at first. This was the little boys' chore...holding the bottle holders until all of the three calves were done. (If you took the bottle away, they would start to steal the others dinner.)
I wish I could have gotten a picture of the gigantic bottles, but the first feeding was quite comical. The bottles are pretty heavy so trying to hold them up and having the calves pulling down on them is a chore! Jensen was such a trooper...he was being so brave and trying to hold the bottle, but all the while the calf was trying to find the nipple...a.k.a. Jensen was getting slimed all over his shirt and his face!! He didn't even complain one bit though! I didn't know whether to be grossed out or just laugh!
Our dog Tess was pretty excited to have play toys to heard as well. :)
This is how we had to feed them at first. This was the little boys' chore...holding the bottle holders until all of the three calves were done. (If you took the bottle away, they would start to steal the others dinner.) And as you can see, Kason loves feeding the calves and works pretty hard as well! :)
I wish I could have gotten a picture of the gigantic bottles, but the first feeding was quite comical. The bottles are pretty heavy so trying to hold them up and having the calves pulling down on them is a chore! Jensen was such a trooper...he was being so brave and trying to hold the bottle, but all the while the calf was trying to find the nipple...a.k.a. Jensen was getting slimed all over his shirt and his face!! He didn't even complain one bit though! I didn't know whether to be grossed out or just laugh! 




3 comments:
that is so cute! what a great way to teach them responsibility!
How neat! Your kids will have some awesome memories. I would have let jeff do the work while I was taking pictures as well:) Looks like you guys are doing well, staying busy!
looks like you guys are turning into quite the Idaho family! That is awesome, I always wanted to live on a farm and have a cow!
Post a Comment