Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A "Real" Christmas Tree!

This past Christmas was the very first time we got to set up a real tree! I think it was more exciting for Daddy because he got to cut it down and bring home the excitement to his family! The little boys were SOOO excited! It did only consist of lights and candy canes, but it was Beautiful and it was real. (It even had pinecones all over it.) I am very excited about the memories we will have of hunting for a Christmas tree and the new tradition that has begun in our own little family.

As you can see from Mark's pants, when he brought it home, he had to thaw it out with a heater in the garage for a little while! As for me, I never knew that you had to water a tree so often! (Maybe that is why all my plants don't seem to live very long) :)

...and sad to say, but as of today the 27th of January, it is still standing in the corner of our living room...(of course I took all the lights and candy canes off!) I keep suggesting to Mark that it needs to be disposed of, but he says that it adds to the room since there is no furniture at all! So until the day that we get some furniture, I guess our soon to be brown Christmas tree will fill the space!!




0 comments: