Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Christmas 2008

We had a wonderful, simple, and very sweet Christmas as a family this year. With moving just a week and a half before Christmas, it makes things a little hectic. But I am so grateful that children are so easy to please because just the little things we did to celebrate, made them so happy! It seemed as though our children really grasped the true meaning of Christmas and we were able to focus on the most important part, our Savior's birth. They were so excited to act out the nativity scene (which we got footage of, but not any still pictures...which makes me sad, but that is because the photographer had to play Mary this year!) Brigham told me every day for about a week before Christmas Eve that he wanted to be Joseph, so he was very prepared and did a great job! Jensen decided the last minute that he was going to be baby Jesus, and Kason was a wandering sheep! And of course Daddy was the narrator. We missed seeing family around the holidays, but enjoyed how fun, relaxing and simple everything was.
Thanks "Chachie Nanna" Grandpa and Grandma for the Santa hats!
It was Kason's first Christmas and as you can see, he was pretty excited!!
Brigham was trying to help him with his stocking, but all he wanted to do was put it all in his mouth!
The boys picked out presents for each other from boxes of toys that have been stored up for over 2 years...they were just as excited if not more to see their old toys then to get new ones!! This is what Brig and Jence gave to Kason...he loved it and so did they!! So Brigham has been inheriting all of Mark's tools that he "grows" out of. And since they are real tools, his little tool box that he had been using started to break. So he asked Santa for a new toolbox and this is what he got! I think it is bigger than a lot a men's out there. :) But guess what he puts in it? All his treasures and special toys! We asked him why he didn't put his tools in there and he said "I already have a tool box for my tools!" Someone commented to Mark and said, "at least he knows that the most valuable stuff goes in a toolbox!" :)
Jensen got his "yellow fishing pole with fishies" and lucky us, it is a really cute game as well!
(Santa pulled a complete miracle off with this one!)
This is what the boys and I gave to Daddy. I was so excited that I finally stumped him this time...he had no idea what it was before he opened it!

4 comments:

April said...

It has been so fun to read your catch-up blogs. What a sweet little family! My favorite has to be the picture of your boys holding hands while sleeping.

DeLynn said...

Hey Ali,
It was good to talk with you at W. I tagged you on my blog, so go check it out.

Heidi said...

It's about time you updated your blog!!! Fun Christmas - we miss not seeing you so much!

Evans Family said...

Ali I love your sweet family...we've gotta make it up there to see your house- we're awful friends I know. :) I'll call ya soon!